Everything you wanted to know about getting published in South Africa and didn’t know who to ask!
Some of the questions that will be addressed are:
• What are the reasons to seek publication?
• Will I become rich and famous?
• Should I find a publisher for my manuscript?
• Should I self publish?
• What are the pros and cons of each option?
• How do I find the right publisher?
• When do I know if my book is ready for publication?
• How do I find an agent?
• Do I need an agent?
Colleen Higgs is a writer and publisher. She started Modjaji Books in 2007 and before that she worked at the Centre for the Book where she did many things including mediate the world of publishing for new writers. She is the author of several books most relevantly for this seminar: A Rough Guide to Small Scale and Self Publishing and a pamphlet series about writing and publishing and several catalogues of Small Publishers in Africa. Modjaji Books is an independent feminist press that has published over 100 books and sold rights internationally for a number of it’s authors. Higgs has participated in the Frankfurt Book Fair since 2011 and has been involved in many other local book fairs and literary festivals.
Venue – Centre for the Book
Date: 25th February (Saturday)
Time: Thursday 10 to 1.00
Email email@example.com to book
The seminar includes a resource list and an African Small Publishers’ Catalogue .
Numbers are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Date: Saturday, 25 February 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM for 1:00 PM
- Venue: The Centre for the Book, 62 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town
- Guest Speaker: Higgs Colleen
- Refreshments: N/A
- RSVP: Colleen Higgs, Modjaji Books, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for Trouble by Colleen Higgs
Find this book with BOOK Finder!
Powered by WPeMatico